YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login. Active Topics | Login | Register

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Axeman69
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:42:55 AM(UTC)
Axeman69

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
My friend Shane Diiorio, discusses the HUGE gulf in pricing between US & AU retailing for Fender & Squier guitars.

Seems it's stirred up QUITE the 'shit-fight' as we say here.

Sit back, lube up, and be prepared to be amazed.

Also check out the commentary sections as well. HIGHLY illuminating!

Comments:
https://youtu.be/Sb4RcK_dJUw

Vid 2

Comments:
https://youtu.be/1TDV1L2uAtU

Blink
Sponsor
Thunderbird
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 3:23:29 AM(UTC)
Thunderbird

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks to Fender prices in Australia, I've ordered a Mexican Strat from Thomann
in Germany, for $200 less than it can be bought here. Even when the new
import tax on items under $1000Aud kicks in, it will still be cheaper to buy from overseas.

I am wondering whether it is Fender, or greedy local retailers that are responsible for the disparity in prices?
Axeman69
#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 12:01:21 PM(UTC)
Axeman69

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: Thunderbird Go to Quoted Post

I am wondering whether it is Fender, or greedy local retailers that are responsible for the disparity in prices?

I think it's a bit of both. Fender just jack the price up cos they can, and the distributors then ADD their cut!

The retailer has NO option but to pass on these higher wholesale costs then ADD on THEIR retail margin!

WHAT will be the GST threshold now on imported goods? It still IS $1000 currently. What did they drop it to? $500? $250?

I am guessing then Australia POST will be the 1 collecting the 10% GST/Imp duty before they deliver it, so we will to go down there, pay the 10% difference and collect our goods! The O/S vendors will NOT collect the tax for us, so the DELIVERER will have to do it! (That will be Aus Post!)

FUCK Gerry Harvey! Always bloody crying poor and he's down to what, his last $5Bn? d'oh!
Maybe IF his retail prices weren't so over inflated, people WOULD shop more domestically!
Thunderbird
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:52:17 AM(UTC)
Thunderbird

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Axeman69 Go to Quoted Post

I think it's a bit of both. Fender just jack the price up cos they can, and the distributors then ADD their cut!

The retailer has NO option but to pass on these higher wholesale costs then ADD on THEIR retail margin!

WHAT will be the GST threshold now on imported goods? It still IS $1000 currently. What did they drop it to? $500? $250?

I am guessing then Australia POST will be the 1 collecting the 10% GST/Imp duty before they deliver it, so we will to go down there, pay the 10% difference and collect our goods! The O/S vendors will NOT collect the tax for us, so the DELIVERER will have to do it! (That will be Aus Post!)

FUCK Gerry Harvey! Always bloody crying poor and he's down to what, his last $5Bn? d'oh!
Maybe IF his retail prices weren't so over inflated, people WOULD shop more domestically!
Too right, fuck that prick, the greedy arsehole. How much money does one man need?

Anything under $1000 (so everything you get from O/S) from the 1st July 2017, 2 weeks to go. That's why I jumped on the Fender from Thomann, hopefully it gets here before the end of the month. Unless I am mistaken.

Axeman69
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:26:40 AM(UTC)
Axeman69

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: Axeman69 Go to Quoted Post

Too right, fuck that prick, the greedy arsehole. How much money does one man need?

Anything under $1000 (so everything you get from O/S) from the 1st July 2017, 2 weeks to go. That's why I jumped on the Fender from Thomann, hopefully it gets here before the end of the month. Unless I am mistaken.

So from $1 upwards? Fuck me! BLAME Gerry for that then! HE was the 1 lobbying for it!
You will be ok, your purchase was made before 1/7/17, so the GST won't apply.
It's purchase date, not delivery.

Hope it comes in OK.