YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login. Active Topics | Login | Register

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Braindancer
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 7:51:04 PM(UTC)
Braindancer

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hope you guys don't mind...I didn't see a thread for new-member introductions...so I started one.

I only started BBSing again after a l-o-n-g layoff ("can yew say 'com-pyoo-surv'? I knew you could.") in the last few months, and I use the same nick and avatar on axetalk, which has been my home until now. But I think I just found my new natural habitat.

I'm a one-time journalist and author...my only general-release title was, interestingly enough, titled The Ultimate Shopper: How to Save Maximum Money with Minimum Hassle. I'm also a hardcore hotrodder; I haven't owned a guitar in a long time that wasn't severely upgraded. Lately I play bass in hobby bands, and operate the parts department at a local guitar shop, which I'm proud to say offers the best parts prices in Western Canada...in a small-town store 300km from the nearest town of 100,000. So I know how to find the deals, and I've already spotted a few topics I want to chime in on. I'm impressed by the openness here, which seems to mirror much of the friendliness and intimacy of axetalk, and I've decided that rather than repeat a lot of stuff I did over there (which, sorry to say, fell on deaf ears in many cases...those guys are serious vintage buffs and generally building and playing at a level above my own) I'll simply refer to posts I've made there under the same nick...unless that's an issue with someone.

As a special promotion for the store where I manage guitar parts, I built a series of five customs last year, all designed to sell for under $400 with features and tone quality of guitars costing much more...something an area like this doesn't see very often. I'll try to get a few of those up here in the coming weeks.

I've written a more extensive profile on axetalk under the same nick if anyone's interested.

I'm looking forward to sharing some of my finds with you guys...I've stumbled into a lot of really good deals lately, and I'm looking forward to learning about yours. It'll be a while before I catch up with a lot of the current chat, so if I end up repeating stuff that's already been said, please bear with me for a while.
Sponsor
Axeman69
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:13:51 AM(UTC)
Axeman69

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Welcome dude! Dont get oot much do ya ay? BigGrin

Can't wait to see your frugal creations!
Braindancer
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:34:48 PM(UTC)
Braindancer

Canada

Thanks for the greeting, Axeman...just a point of protocol - it's a bit touchy - very few of us any more have Scottish heritage or talk like we grew up in Minnesota or North Dakota. So I appreciate the sentiment...really I do...but just be aware that "oot" and "eh" and "donut" have become just about as annoying to most of us as "Fosta's" and "g'day mate" and "shrimp on the bah-bee".

Trust me...you don't want to piss off a hockey nation where 90% of the men are brain-damaged by puberty! Hey, WE know better than to piss off a country where they play football without helmets! ;-)

As for getting out much, heh, you nailed that one, my friend. But last year was all about getting back into the game after about 20 hellish years away from music and rebuilding my arsenal. I spent more time modding last year than playing...seriously! This year, I'm ramping way down on the modding and getting back into the nuts and bolts of actually *playing*. (I know WAY more about these toys than anyone with my level of ability should know! ;-) )

I'll be posting a few of my cheapensteins shortly.
MrMike
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:45:26 PM(UTC)
MrMike

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Welcome aboard!!!
stoney
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:21:19 AM(UTC)
stoney

Man
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Welcome Dude.
Most people here know way more than I do about electronics/pick-ups and such. I get lost when they talk about all that stuff. I mostly play my acoustic Guitar and keep it simple.

here is my baby
5th ave
"actions speak louder
than words
it's not what was said
but what was heard"

by stoney rohde
Will Chen
#6 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:17:45 AM(UTC)
Will Chen

Medals:
Groups: Administrators, Moderator
Man

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 109 post(s)
welcome aboard!
Braindancer
#7 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
Braindancer

Canada

Thanks Will

Hey Stoney, cool Godin you got there. Never been a fan of those f-hole archtops - mostly a dreadnought fan when it comes to acoustics - but I'm sure a fan of Godin's. Got myself one of their "acousticasters" last fall...I don't know anybody who has one who doesn't rave about Godin's, but I wish this was a 6-string now.

Godin SA-12 Seagull series 12-string "acousticaster"
Megha yadav
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:04:23 AM(UTC)
Megha yadav

India

Welcome
I allso use Electronic guitars this sis amazing.
dmartn149
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:47:37 PM(UTC)
dmartn149

United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure most of us will want to see your partscasters.
Axeman69
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:30:53 PM(UTC)
Axeman69

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dmartn149 Go to Quoted Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure most of us will want to see your partscasters.

I think this person may well be a spammer.